Front-end framework VS pure coding
If you are currently comparing IT development solutions for creating your user interface, here are the main features of the :
- Front-end frameworks do not require developers to write lines of code to create graphical elements. Everything is done through built-in components and drag-and-drop functions. This way of working saves efficiency and time while giving very high quality results.
- They come with essential development features, such as pre-written fonts, essential and standardized elements (navigation bars, side panels, buttons, etc.).
- They allow you to create responsive websites and applications;
- To obtain modern and evolving designs;
- Real-time development;
- To obtain a secure development framework.
Focus on Symfony, Laravel, NodeJS, Zend, CodeIgniter, API Platform
As mentioned above, Esokia web development agency uses Symfony, Laravel, NodeJS, Zend, CodeIgniter, Platform API frameworks. For what reasons? Here are their particularities.
Symfony, a full-stack web framework, is constantly evolving and improving. Why did we choose to use this front-end framework at Esokia? Flexible, Symfony offers developers powerful features for code readability, security and scalable programs development. But also :
- Its system is based on the model-view-controller, which is essential for optimal work distribution and efficient maintenance;
- It offers a high performance PHP framework;
- It allows flexible routing of URIs (which are used to identify abstract or physical resources on the Internet);
- Its code is reusable and easy to maintain;
- It allows managing sessions;
- It contains an error logging option;
- Symfony has complete database classes while supporting several platforms;
- It benefits from the support of a dynamic and extensive community;
- It contains a set of decoupled and reusable components;
- Its applications are standardized and interoperable;
- It offers a high level of security against cross-site request forgery and other cyberattacks;
- It uses Twig as a template engine.
- Easier authentication with an integrated system;
- An innovative template engine and widgets for dynamic and robust sites;
- Its ORM allows developers to query database tables without sending SQL queries, replaced by PHP ;
- Support for MVC architecture for faster development;
- A PHP-based migration system, which is secure and facilitates changes;
- Its ability to run multiple tests to verify the relevance and functionality of changes made to a web application;
- The ability for developers to code their own test cases;
- The presence of built-in web application security;
- Pre-installed object-oriented libraries;
- The built-in Artisan tool for performing repetitive programming tasks.
- Agility, fast, scalable, robust;
- A large number of libraries and event-driven models;
- Ability to reuse code in real time with other applications;
- Low resource requirements;
- Optimization of productivity and development time.
Built around the MVC design pattern, this open source PHP framework is purely object-oriented. Appreciated for its collection of PHP packages, the front-end framework is used to develop applications and web services. Regarding its features:
- A pure object-oriented framework;
- An advanced MVC implementation;
- It supports multiple databases (PostgreSQL, SQLite, etc.,) ;
- A simple API for the Cloud;
- Allows to manage sessions;
- Encrypt data;
- URIs can be flexibly routed;
- Availability of support for RESTful API development;
- Easy to maintain and reusable code;
- Stable code with intellectual property rights;
- Support for cryptography and password cracking tools.
CodeIgniter is a powerful open source PHP MVC front-end framework. It is used by developers to create complete web applications. One of its most interesting features? The entire source code of CodeIgniter framework weighs about 2 Mb, which makes it an extremely lightweight framework ! Some other additional features:
- Il possède des classes de base de données complètes et supporte plusieurs plateformes ;
- Il supporte la base de données Query Builder ;
- Il contient une option de validation des formulaires et des données ;
- Il offre une sécurité et filtrage XSS ;
- Il permet de gérer les sessions ;
- Il classe les envois d'e-mails, supporte les pièces jointes, les formats HTML/Texte, ainsi que plusieurs protocoles (sendmail, SMTP, et Mail) ;
- Il possède une bibliothèque de manipulation d'images tout en prenant en charge NetPBM, GD et ImageMagick.
Remember that API Platform was launched to enable Symfony PHP developers to build online applications and services on top of already-existing APIs. API Platform is a front-end framework that caters to developers looking to build complete API Web hypermedia (or GraphQL) applications with its PHP (Core) library. The list of possibilities keeps growing, including:
- It is equipped with Docker and Kubernetes definitions, for real-time development and deployment on the cloud.
The choice may be challenging given the power each framework front-end offers. Esokia offers you the opportunity to discuss your requirements and your vision in order to create an effective user interface that reflects the company.