Use the WooCommerce plugin for your WordPress e-commerce site!
Already have a WordPress site or blog and want to get into the e-commerce business by setting up your own online store?
Nearly 30% of the world's websites are powered by the WordPress CMS. This makes it the most widely used Content Management System (CMS) in the world. Did you know that today more than 2 million websites use its e-commerce extension WooCommerce for their online business project?
WooCommerce, what is it?
Created in 2011, this free, open source extension will allow you to build your online store directly from WordPress. It is considered as one of its reference plugins.
WooCommerce allows :
- the sale and management of the products you wish to trade
- the use of a payment system such as credit cards or Paypal
- the management of your stocks
- to collect a statistical series about your online store.
WooCommerce also adds features to the CMS to allow a better customization of your website.
Why use WooCommerce for your e-commerce project?
If you are part of the 70% of French websites that use the Open Source CMS Wordpress, which remains the most used for websites, WooCommerce is your solution!
Being considered as more flexible, the plugin will allow a better optimization for the referencing of your website thanks to the different SEO modules that WordPress offers. Let's not forget that the better your SEO, the better your ranking on search engines will be.
Unlike its competitors like Drupal Commerce or Magento which require strong investments from companies, WooCommerce is rather aimed at SMEs or mid-size e-commerce sites with smaller budgets. However, any type of company can use this plugin.
What are the advantages of a WordPress e-commerce site?
- Ease of use: If you are familiar with WordPress, you will easily understand how it works.
- The plugin is totally free but also offers Premium extensions that allow more efficiency. In addition, the paid modules offered have low prices compared to competing CMS.
- A wide range of customization options, such as customizing the appearance of your products or your account page to make you stand out. Indeed, according to a study, 82% of online shoppers form a positive opinion of a brand when they discover it via a personalised article.
- An opportunity to sell products of all types: physical or digital products or subscription offers.
- An opportunity to choose the theme that will truly reflect your activity.
- Multiple payment methods available.
- An "API store" is available that will allow companies and also developers to have access to a complete catalog of extensions.
Choose Esokia for your e-transformation !
It is true that WordPress is relatively simple to use. So you will ask yourself "Why would I need a web agency for my site?".
First of all, a WordPress specialist developer will take care of developing the code for your site, then installing the plugin that he will customize according to your expectations. By letting a dedicated team be in charge of your project, it will be easier to take over the interface in case of problems or changes.
Transform your digital project into an e-commerce site worthy of the specialized CMS!
Contact us to discuss the implementation of inbound marketing strategies. These strategies, specific to the reality of e-commerce, will allow you to face several business challenges and generate new opportunities from your e-commerce website.